Sunday, December 14, 2014

Sharing Cookies Freebie!


Hey Kinder Friends,
Christmas cookies are my all time favorite. There is no other cookie in the world that could evoke the feelings of childhood holidays like a frosted and decorated Christmas cookie. My favorites have always been the ones with plenty of frosting and decorations especially if they have been sitting around a while and become sweet and soft.
It is always fun to have discussions and learn about how each of us celebrates this wonderful time of year. We learn about the similarities and the differences and about traditions and celebrations. And I always share how my great grandmother made the best cookies and how my mother always tells me she lived in a red sided, white gingerbread trimmed little house where she baked cookies for family and friends. And during times of celebration, the dining room table would be lined with Christmas cookies for family and friends. Sharing cookies and baked goods was her way of giving to family and friends.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Sharing-Cookies-459716
When I discovered the book, Sharing Cookies, I had to get a copy because I knew a lot of discussion would be centered around this book. I also use this book during writer's workshop during a writing demonstration because it goes well with capturing those moments and capturing some of the vocabulary of the season of celebration. I made a simple reader for my class and now I would like to share it with you. In the spirit of the holiday season just click on the picture above to take you to the freebie!
Happy Holidays In Kindergarten!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover