Thursday, August 7, 2014

First Day Ice Breaker!


Hey Kinder Friends,
As I was thinking about the first day of school I was thinking a lot about a few ice breakers. You know the things you do to break the ice on the first day that helps ease the tension of a room full of unfamiliar faces. As I was digging around trying to think of something sweet and simple I remembered the beach ball game. As I was shopping and in full summertime mode I ran across some beach balls and I had to get one. Nothing hard to prepare and nothing too gimmicky that I couldn't pull off on a hectic first day of school. I really thought that this would be a great way to get all of us talking and sharing a little about ourselves and our summer. We could toss the ball around and whatever color our right hand landed on we could answer the question. Like I said, simple! My mind kept thinking that I could use the ball for so many other things throughout the year, so I knew I didn't want to write on the ball. So I decided to make a little cheat sheet that I could edit and change throughout the year.
With this little cheat sheet we can break the ice and get to know each other a little better. And I can change it up for questions about just about anything. What about questions about story elements? Questions about the weather? You get the idea!
If you want to make an editable cheat sheet too all you have to do is click on the image and save this image. Once you save the image you can insert it in to PowerPoint as an image and add text boxes where you want to add your text. It is that simple. Now you can make the questions your own! Have a great year Kinder friends!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is cute! My daughter will be a junior in college and she is aprayer leader for her dorm - she was looking for ice breaker ideas - this is it! Thanks for sharing!
I will use it to in my Kindergarten class. This would also be great in youth group

Unknown said...

I really like this idea! We stagger our enrollment during the first week of school. So, this will work well for my new ones each day. Also, my class theme is tropical. :)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover